EMPLOYER GED® TESTING PROGRAM
PARTICIPANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting your registration to GED Testing Service, you signify that you have read, understand, accept and agree to the terms and conditions described below for the Employer GED® Testing Program Participant Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply for eligible students who register for your Employer GED® Testing Program (herein referred to as the “Agreement”). PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY SUBMITTING YOUR REGISTRATION FORM TO GED TESTING SERVICE YOU SIGNIFY THAT YOU HAVE REVIEWED, UNDERSTAND, ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
GED Testing Service LLC ("GEDTS") and your employer have developed a GED® Test Program, the goal of which is to drive greater completion and efficacy for you and your coworkers. Your employer has worked directly with GEDTS to offer you the opportunity to participate in this program on a voluntary basis. Through a guided GED® test program, the goal is to help you to achieve better study results and achieve your GED® credential. There are four parts to the GED® test (each part is referred to as a “Content Area”):
- Social Studies
- Reasoning Through Language Arts
- Mathematical Reasoning
In order to pass the GED® test, you must pass all four Content Area tests. You will only work on one Content Area at a given time.
When you register for the Employer GED® Testing Program, there are several important rules you must follow to stay eligible for the program. To remain in the Employer GED® program you must:
- Remain an eligible and validated employee throughout your studying and testing in the Employer GED® Testing Program.
- Register for the on-line software GED® preparation product and register on “GED.com” during your preparation and testing cycle to gain access to the preparation materials.
- Follow the pre-set order of the GED® test Content Areas for study, GED Ready® and the operational GED® test.
- Study a minimum of 6 hours each week (Monday through Sunday) using the on-line course materials available to you. Your study hours will be monitored by the GED Advisor™.*
- Take and pass the software GED® prep study material content area assessment/quizzes.
- The GED Student Advisor may refer you to a nearby adult basic education (ABE) program as they deem appropriate.
- Take the GED Ready® for the GED® test.
a. If your GED Ready® score is in the “yellow” area, you will be required to go back to step 3 above and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6, review the study materials recommended by the GED Ready® score report and repeat the on-line studying program as necessary to achieve a “green” score on the GED Ready®.
b. If your GED Ready® score is in the “red” area of the score report, you may also be referred to nearby adult educational programs (ABE), if available in your area, so you can obtain specific study assistance on the content area. When you complete the ABE study program, you will return to step 3 above and resume the Employer GED® test program.
c. If your GED Ready® score is in the “green” area of the score report, this means you are ready to take the operational GED® test for the Content Area. Your GED Advisor™ will provide you with instructions on when and how to schedule your operational exam.
- Take the GED® test for the current Content Area.
a. If you do not pass the GED® Content Area test, then you will be provided a personalized study/remediation plan and then your study cycle repeats and you continue studying the current Content Area as long as you continue to make progress.
b. If you pass the GED® Content Area test, then move on to the next content area software study materials and the cycle repeats for the new GED® Content Area. Access to each subject area test is independent of the others.
- IMPORTANT RESCHEDULING POLICY: You may reschedule or cancel your scheduled test appointment for the Official GED® test at any time and for any reason as long as you canceled or rescheduled at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled test appointment. However, if you do not reschedule or cancel at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled test appointment and you do not show up for the testing appointment, this will be considered a “No-Show” and you will forfeit the GED® test pass guarantee. The No-Show will count as a single attempt and it will exhaust the total attempts you receive once you forfeit the GED® test pass guarantee. You will not be eligible to take additional official operational GED® tests until you make an additional purchase.
You are also required to comply with the requirements and obligations of the on-line software preparation materials end user license agreement and with all testing rules specified in the test-taker rules agreement governing the test day.
* IMPORTANT NOTE: If you study less than 6 hours in a week, you will receive a written email warning to remind you that you must study a minimum of 6 hours each week. If you fall below 6 hours of study second time, you will lose the GED® test pass guarantee. You will receive an additional 30-day access to the software’s prep for the GED® test. In addition, you will receive one free attempt at the GED Ready® practice test and one attempt at the Official GED® test for the specific subject for which you are authorized. However, you will not be allowed to return to studying for another subject Content Area.
GED Testing Service also reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify this program, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor(s) beyond GED Testing Service’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Employer GED® Testing Program. GED Testing Service reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Employer GED® Testing Program registration system, or otherwise acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or the test-taker rules agreement.