GED Testing Service is focused on increasing access to the test through creative solutions. These solutions will ensure that test-takers can comfortably and conveniently take the GED® test in all corners of the country.
Plus, sometimes it’s easier to bring the GED® test to the test-taker. Introducing the new mobile GED® test lab, a streamlined alternate testsolution that allows you to deliver the GED® test on computer from virtually anywhere.
MOBILE TESTING SOLUTION
Starting your mobile GED® test lab doesn’t take much. You need two laptops with 15- or 17-inch screens, an external mouse, and Internet connection. When you offer the mobile GED® test lab to test-takers, you’re able to transport the testing center in your car.
- Increase access to the GED® test
- Easily arrange testing for special groups
- Administer the GED® test with flexibility
- Eliminate desktop computers from remote testing centers
Ready to start traveling with your test lab? Download the mobile technical requirements to learn more. Your GED Testing Service program manager can answer your questions and direct you to additional information and Pearson VUE team members to help you set up a mobile GED® test lab in your jurisdiction.
CORRECTIONAL FACILITY SOLUTION
Correctional testing facilities are private testing centers that serve the inmate population. GED Testing Service worked closely with the corrections community to research and develop a solution that ensures inmate access to the GED® test on computer.
- Test administrator can work with a test-taker offline to complete the profile documents
- Test administrator can input the data online or fax the form to GED Testing Service for profile set up
- Test administrator can manage scheduling from their system and assign specific content areas to specific test-takers
Delivering the GED® test on computer in correctional facilities doesn’t require Internet access. With a minimum of two computers or laptops, you can offer the GED® test on computer. Download the guide to Implementing the computer-based test in correctional facilities to learn about the delivery options available.
Download the "Technical Requirements for Laptops in Mobile Test Centers" and learn more about setting up your mobile GED® test lab.
View this document to see how the GED® test on computer is being implemented in correctional facilities.