The GED Ready® Practice Test
Give your students the only practice test designed to assess how they will do on the 2014 GED® test.
- Tells students if they are likely to pass
The GED Ready® practice test has the same look and feel as the real GED® test, and gives students firsthand experience answering computer-based test questions written and developed by the test’s creators. The score report tells students if they are likely to pass or if it’s too close to call and they should keep studying.
- Same-day scores
Evaluate your test-takers’ same-day GED Ready® practice test scores and decide if they’re prepared to test. You’ll be able to identify areas of strength and weakness and immediately work on improvements.
- Focused study plans
The GED Ready® practice test is synced to publisher books and courses and gives every student their own targeted study plan based on the skills he or she needs to work on, including specific guidance on what to study in publishers’ test prep materials.
- Can be purchased as one subject or all fours parts packaged together
- Same-day scoring
- Available in English and Spanish
- Includes the Enhanced Score Report
- Half the length of the operational test
- Stop and resume the test for your convenience
Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) ( approx 90 minutes)
- Section 1 (47 minutes)
- Section 2 (45 minutes)
Mathematical Reasoning (approx 60 minutes)
Science (approx 47 minutes)
Social Studies (approx 35 minutes)
The GED Ready® practice test went through the same norming and standardization study that the official test went through. That means the questions are designed to mimic the official test and can be predictive of how a student will perform on the official test. Targeted study plans students receive after taking the GED Ready® practice test will contain feedback on over 50 different traits measured in the exam.
Make sure your students are prepared for the 2014 GED® test. Give them the GED Ready® practice test - the closest thing to taking the GED® test without actually taking the test.
USING THE GED READY® TEST IN YOUR CLASSROOM
If you’re an organization that helps prepare students you can get GED Ready® practice test vouchers to use in your classroom. Here’s how:
- Contact a publisher to purchase GED Ready® test vouchers for your students.
- Follow these step-by-step instruction on how to administer the GED Ready® practice test in your classroom.
- When they’ve completed the test, ask students to share their Enhanced Score Report – found in their MyGED® account - with you so you can see what you need to work on in class.
What you need to know about GED Ready® practice test vouchers:
- They’re good for 18 months from purchase date if educators purchase through a publisher
- They're good for 12 months from purchase date if students purchase through MyGED®
- To use their vouchers, students can:
- Log into their MyGED® account
- Purchase the GED Ready® practice test using the voucher code at check out
- Take the GED Ready® practice test in their MyGED® account
- Once a voucher has been redeemed, the practice test is available for 120 days
- Students can stop and restart test as needed
- Students can cancel the test prior to launching the test and use the cancelled voucher on another test subject
CONSTRUCTED RESPONSE ITEMS ON THE GED READY® PRACTICE TEST
The GED Ready® practice test for the Reasoning Though Language Arts and Science test subjects include a constructed response item (or “written response”). Please note that even though the GED Ready® practice test doesn't explicitly score student’s written responses, the score prediction model does take into account how students typically score on these items.
However, we encourage educators to give their students feedback on their responses. To review responses, ask your students to print their written response from their Enhanced Score Report.
Use the Constructed Response Resource Guides and Scoring Tools to help you give your students feedback on their responses.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Students who prepared using the official practice test from GED Testing Service pass at a higher rate.
- The best way to find out if your student is ready is to take the GED Ready® practice test. The majority of people who score "likely to pass" on the GED Ready® practice test, go on to pass the real test in that subject.
- 92% of test-takers who took the GED Ready® practice test would recommend it to others!