Just getting started teaching for the GED® test?
- Begin with GED® Test 101 which covers the basic details of the GED® test.
- Create an account at GED.com, update your profile to educator and get an inside look at the student portal.
- Read up on how you can use the GED Ready® practice test in your classroom and view the Enhanced Score Report Tutorial to see how to use the Enhanced Score Report to help students score higher.
- Check out these GED® Classroom Tools, designed to help students feel confident and comfortable on test day.
Now that you know the basics, learn more about teaching strategies for the classroom.
- Skills Students Need to Pass (Performance Level Descriptors) depict the exact skills students need to pass the GED® test. The perfect tool to guide your lesson plans!
- Use the Constructed Response Tools to give your students feedback on constructed response items.
- The High Impact Indicators highlight specific skills that you can focus your instruction on to improve your students' overall test performance and success. Click here to view in Spanish.
- Item Samplers - See the types of questions your student can expect on the GED® test.
- Access free, self-paced online courses covering test content and teaching strategies for Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science.
- The Educator Handbook reviews GED® test content and recommended teaching strategies.
Ready for a deeper dive into teaching strategies for the test? These resources cover specialized classroom strategies and tools that will help you further develop your skills and effectiveness in the classroom.
- Webinar Trainings - Take a deeper dive into classroom strategies and techniques with the Tuesdays for Teachers webinar series.
View the latest webinar in the Tuesday for Teachers series. Check back for a new edition each month.