Just getting started teaching for the GED® test?
- Begin with GED® Test 101 which covers the basic details of the GED® test.
- Create an account at GED.com, update your profile to educator and get an inside look at the student portal.
- Read up on how you can use the GED Ready® practice test in your classroom and view the Enhanced Score Report Tutorial to see how to use the Enhanced Score Report to help students score higher.
- Check out these GED® Classroom Tools, designed to help students feel confident and comfortable on test day.
Now that you know the basics, learn more about teaching strategies for the classroom.
- Skills Students Need to Pass (Performance Level Descriptors) depict the exact skills students need to pass the GED® test. The perfect tool to guide your lesson plans!
- Use the Constructed Response Tools to give your students feedback on constructed response items.
- The High Impact Indicators (HII) (In Spanish) and HII Relationships Across Content Areas (In Spanish) highlight specific skills that you can focus your instruction on to improve your students' overall test performance and success.
- Item Samplers - See the types of questions your student can expect on the GED® test.
- Access free, self-paced online courses covering test content and teaching strategies for Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science.
- The Educator Handbook reviews GED® test content and recommended teaching strategies.
Ready for a deeper dive into teaching strategies for the test? These resources cover specialized classroom strategies and tools that will help you further develop your skills and effectiveness in the classroom.
- Webinar Trainings - Take a deeper dive into classroom strategies and techniques with the Tuesdays for Teachers webinar series.
View the latest webinar in the Tuesday for Teachers series. Check back for a new edition each month.