2014 GED® Test Item Samplers
(Updated: November 2012)
The 2014 GED Test® Item Samplers provide access to example test items that address some of the assessment targets on the new 2014 GED® test, which will be launched January 2, 2014, in all jurisdictions (except Canada). They also demonstrate the look and feel of the 2014 GED® test on computer.
These tools have been designed with adult educators in mind, to provide examples of the types of test questions that will be incorporated into the new test, and to help you better understand the knowledge and skills that will be measured on the test. Using these resources should help you to prepare adults to take and succeed on the 2014 GED® test.
The sample item information is available in several formats to support a variety of uses. No matter which format you choose, all of the same information is accessible in each format:
- Access the Item Samplers using your web browser and Internet connection
- Download the Item Samplers for use in situations where you will not have an active Internet connection
- View or download a printable PDF containing all the content of the Item Samplers for use in situations that focus on the content of the test questions rather than the specific computer functionality
USING THE ITEM SAMPLERS
The Item Samplers serve several purposes:
- To provide users with examples of test items that represent the full range of item types that will appear on each content-area test
- To show how some of the 2014 GED® test Assessment Targets can be reflected in test items
- To provide the look, feel, and core functionality of the 2014 computer testing interface
The November 2012 update to the Item Samplers includes 16 additional multiple choice items (four items in each content area) that have been field-tested and that:
- Reflect the 2014 GED® test Assessment Targets
- Show additional examples of multiple choice items, and
- Provide sample items that are easier to more moderate in difficulty, thereby depicting items that are more representative of the range represented on the 2014 test
Remember that the Item Samplers are not intended to be viewed or used as practice tests. This means that you cannot infer from the Item Samplers what the initial operational 2014 GED® test will look like with any accuracy. Unlike a test form, the Item Samplers were not constructed to represent the full range of difficulty of the 2014 GED® test nor do they reflect the actual distribution of items across the various item types. On each content area test, multiple choice items will still represent the majority of test questions.
Questions or comments? Email us at GED2014@GEDtestingservice.com.
Sign-up to View, Download, or Print Item Samplers
VIEW ITEM SAMPLER
View, download, or print the Item Samplers.
Learn about the changes coming for the 2014 Official GED® Practice Test.