As GED Administrators™ you understand the need to provide credentials for people who pass the GED® test today and for people who passed 20 years ago. But providing this service is:
- Requires significant management inside the jurisdiction office
- Mandates stringent security requirements to ensure data is safe and compliant with FERPA standards
GED Testing Service offers GED Credentialing™ as a zero-cost option for jurisdictions that wish to have GED Testing Service fulfill credentials for your GED® test graduates.
How Does GED Credentialing™ Work?
GED Testing Service will fulfill diplomas and transcripts for both new and repeat requests for as far back as there is data available
- Initial diploma and transcript are FREE to test-takers who pass the GED® test
- Repeat requests are charged a small convenience fee for delivering an official copy of the transcript
- All graduates receive the Smart Transcript which levels the playing field with high school graduates who have familiar transcripts
- The jurisdiction still owns the credential. GED Testing Service provides GED Credentialing™ as an outsourced service to make the most of the 2014 GED® program.
The Student Experience
- A test-taker who passes the GED® test will automatically receive an electronic, secure diploma and Smart Transcript. This is delivered immediately to their email address after their final test is scored.
- The test-taker can view, print, and request a professionally-printed diploma free of charge
- The test-taker can send the transcript to an employer or college of their choice
- From that point forward, colleges and employers can search for and order documents for test-takers who have passed the test
The Smart Transcript
What does passing the GED® test mean? Hope? A chance to get a good job with good wages? A fighting chance at the American dream? All of this is true, but how do the colleges and employers view the achievement? The answer to that lies in the transcript they review.
With the Smart Transcript from GED Testing Service:
- Every college and employer can easily see the skills and abilities graduates demonstrated and the meaning behind their scores from the transcript links
- Graduates can receive full recognition and credit for passing the new GED® test and, in some cases, earning the GED® Score with Honors
- Transcripts are delivered securely using Blue Ribbon™ Security, a patented secure delivery system used by more than 1/3 of all high school diplomas
- Colleges and employers can easily and securely request a graduate’s Smart Transcript at exchange.parchment.com.
For more information and to sign up, contact your GED Testing Service State Relationship Manager today.
Learn more about college admissions for candidates holding a GED® credential!
Third-Party Transcript Requests
Visit our partner site to request a transcript on behalf of test-takers in GED Credentialing™ jurisdictions.